It’s been a raw day in New York – cold, rainy, and grey. Spring still feels miles away, but it’s almost April, and I love to make a list of all the things I’m looking forward to each season. Here’s what I’ve got planned for the next three months…
- Sit under the cherry blossoms in Brooklyn Botanical Garden.
- Make my own apricot preserves, superior to Smucker’s.
- Find the perfect spring jacket that’s not leather, a trench, or a bomber.
- Escape to the Catskills with C in May.
- Try my hand at making ceviche.
- See Bob Dylan in concert in Port Chester.
- Spend a mother-daughter day in the city, complete with brunch, a museum, and some shopping.
- Find a cool pair of loafers I can actually pull off.
- Learn how to make a French 75, using fresh-squeezed lime juice (instead of usual lemon) with the gin and champagne.
- Spend a rainy afternoon with giant popcorn and sodas, seeing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
- Pick fresh strawberries and perfect this strawberry bourbon tart.
What’s on your mind for this spring?